- Title: Business Administrator
- Department: Executive Management Team
- Reporting Relationship: Senior Pastor
- Classification: Officer, Full-Time (32-40hrs), Exempt
Provide leadership and direction in the areas of finance, business administration and property management for Creekside Christian Church and the church staff. Assist the Sr. Pastor in fulfilling his overall leadership responsibilities. Actively participate in the development and execution of strategic church vision with the Executive Team.
- Be a devoted and passionate disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ and maintain a life consistent with Mark 10:42-45, Titus 1:7-8 & 1 Peter 5:2-3.
- Embrace and endorse the views of faith per Creekside’s Articles of Faith and the staff’s published core and required values.
- Responsible for oversight of all accounting functions.
- Responsible for preparing, submitting and presenting the annual budget to the Elder Board and congregation for approval.
- Work with each ministry leader to prepare their budget.
- Manage the Creekside Christian Church general budget, as well as any other financial resources associated with the church.
- Provide direction and assistance in matters of financial health and capital campaigns.
- Handle all financial and legal matters related to county, state and federal concerns (i.e. permits, regulations, tax issues, etc).
- Participate as a voting member of the Finance Committee (but not serve as Chairman).
- Be responsible for providing financial and budget reports for review, analysis and approval.
- Analyze industry compensation trends and make compensation recommendations.
- Business Administration/Human Resources
- Provide organizational leadership as part of the Executive Team.
- Manage the accounting and facilities departments.
- Direct all efforts regarding the safety and security of people and property at Creekside.
- Supervise, coach and motivate direct report staff as outlined in Creekside’s organizational chart and assist in the administration and execution of their responsibilities and performance.
- Assist in developing and updating all management/administration church policies.
- Oversee organizational insurance needs and make recommendations for appropriate changes in policy coverage.
- Provide oversight for Human Resources related activities and compliance (including required trainings), benefits, and documentation.
- In conjunction with the Executive Pastor, ensure healthy and appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Oversee and maintain all facility and grounds operations.
- Participate in development of plans for future facility renovations or additions, equipment upgrades and landscaping maintenance and improvements.
- Supervises: Finance, HR, and Facilities departments
- Hiring Process: Search Committee, Executive Team and Elder Board approval, congregational vote
- Accounting degree or equivalent work/education.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the areas of Organizational Leadership, Budget, Fund Accounting, and Financial Management.
- Human Resources & Operational Management experience preferred.
- Ability to participate in the leadership of the spiritual growth of Creekside and its staff.
- Financial report knowledge and budget administration.
- Knowledge of salary and benefits administration.
- Ability to work independently, as a team leader and collaboratively as a team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and competence with cloud and client-based accounting software in addition to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Salary Range: $80K-$100K year full-time equivalent