Shining Stars Preschool Director
I. Position Identification
- Title: Director-Shining Stars Preschool
- Department: Shining Stars Preschool
- Classification: Ministry Staff, Full-Time, Exempt
II. Position Summary
Develop, coordinate and administer a comprehensive preschool program for children (3 years old through kindergarten); that enhances the lives of students both spiritually and academically. Provide leadership and supervision to preschool staff. Plan and develop strategies to reach families in our community.
III. Spiritual Qualifications
- Be a devoted and passionate disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ and maintain a life consistent with Mark 10:42-45, Titus 1:7-8 & 1 Peter 5:2-3.
- Adopt the views of faith per Creekside’s Articles of Faith.
- Maintain all California Health and Safety code requirements for preschool.
- Prepare all appropriate reports to the California Department of Social Services, Director of the State Department of Public Health and any other state or county agency as required by law.
- Recruit/hire all preschool employees and verify that they meet all standards required by law.
- Supervise enrollment process and maintain attendance records.
- Search out and provide additional training conferences and seminars for staff to maintain high quality performance.
- Plan and organize major events for staff, students and parents including Back to School, Stone Soup, Christmas Program and Graduation.
- Review and select curriculum
- Communicate with parents regarding behavior/discipline concerns.
- Purchase all preschool equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining safe and clean environment, i.e. furniture, fixtures, classroom and playground equipment.
- Prepare and facilitate agenda for monthly staff meetings.
- Work in collaboration with the Creekside ministry leadership team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or the Executive Team.
Reporting Relationship: Executive Pastor, Preschool Board
Supervises: Preschool staff and volunteers
VI. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Prepare annual preschool budget and manage all preschool financial activity
- Supervise, coach, and motivate preschool teachers and administrative staff
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Creekside’s policies and procedures.
VII. Minimum Job Requirements
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit
- AA Degree or in accordance with California Title 22, 15 required ECE college units
- 3 years at preschool director level
- 2 years experience in budget preparation and management
- 5 years of management/supervisory
- 3 years of teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of preschool and kindergarten curriculum
- Ability to work independently, as a team leader and/or a team member.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. (PowerPoint desired but not required.)