Shining Stars Preschool Teacher's Aide
I. Position Identification
- Title: Teacher's Aide
- Department: Preschool
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Assistant Director
II. Position Summary
With direct supervision of the classroom teacher, the teacher's aide is to assist in overseeing the children and creating a successful learning environment.
- Reflect Christ and his/her relationship with Him in words and behaviors.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff and training meetings.
- Assist in conducting morning health checks, supervising sign-in sheet procedures, and verifying attendance.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and clean classroom and bathroom throughout the day; clean as you go.
- Assist the classroom teacher with long- and short-range curriculum objectives.
- Engage in children's learning through active participation in activities.
- Help to ensure safety by reporting any hazards to the school director.
- Pay careful attention to allergies, medical needs, and toileting practices.
- Attend all programs and events of Shining Stars Preschool per the annual calendar and as requested by the director.
- Report any suspected abuse to the school director.
- Reporting Relationships: School assistant director
- Hiring Criteria: School director
V. Minimum Job Requirements
- Clear background check with no criminal issues regarding children and no felony.
- Demonstrated maturity in Christian faith by regular attendance at a Christ-centered church, Bible study, or lead role in a Christian ministry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six college units in early education preferred
- None required
- Team player
- Love of children
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proven record of reliability
- Ability to respond to classroom situations in an appropriate and timely manner
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Speak well and maintain conversations
- Able to walk, sit, talk, and listen