- Title: Social Worker
- Department: Pastoral Care
- Reports to: Pastoral Care Pastor
- Classification: Part-time (5-10 hours per week)
Creekside Christian Church is committed to the marginalized, hungry, homeless, and those struggling with mental disorders. Creekside Christian Church and the Community Counseling Center of Elk Grove (CCCEG) exist to be an expression of God’s grace, mercy, and justice to people seeking change in their lives, circumstances, and spiritual development.
We are currently seeking an emotionally intelligent, spiritually vibrant, and kingdom-minded Social Worker to join our team.
As an advocate, you will play a crucial role in helping individuals enhance their capacities and coping mechanisms, improving their daily lives and experiences. Within specified standards and timescales, you will provide valuable support and guidance, fostering positive change and contributing to the well-being of our community.
If you are a compassionate professional with expertise in social work, we invite you to apply for the position of Social Worker and become part of our team dedicated to making a meaningful impact in people’s lives.
- Plan, coordinate, manage and implement support packages to help clients deal with difficulties and overcome dependencies.
- Interview service users and assess their current condition, needs, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Work closely with CCCEG and Creekside Christian Church to ensure counseling and spiritual discernment are available as needed.
- Address each case as a unit and set tailored, measurable goals.
- Monitor and evaluate clients’ progress and modify treatment plans accordingly.
- Maintain accurate records and report on clients’ status.
- Refer clients to community services to help them in recovery.
Requirements and Skills
- Work experience as a Social Worker.
- Working knowledge of social theories and practices.
- Social perceptiveness and empathy.
- Ability to build and maintain professional helping relationships.
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse populations and groups.
- Resilience along with ability to assess situations.
- Familiarity with resources and social services in the Elk Grove and Sacramento areas.
- Willing to submit to background check and drug test.
- BS degree in social work (BSW or MSW), psychology or sociology.
- Bilingual is a plus.
We have openings for Trainee, Associate, or LCSW.
- You may be a social worker who has completed your supervision but chose not to take your state exams but desire to serve at our church as a resource to move people forward in their desire to change their lives.
The Social Worker is not serving as a counselor or pastor but is working with individuals or families. The social worker can refer clients to meet with a counselor or pastor as needed.
Salary: $23 per hour