Children’s Ministry Elementary Coordinator
I. Position Identification
- Title: Elementary Coordinator
- Department: Children’s Ministry
- Reports to: Pastor of Children’s Ministry
- Classification: Full-time (40 hours/week)
II. Position Summary
To work closely with the Kid’s Pastor and overall Kid’s ministry team to lead ministry in alignment with the overall church strategy and values. The Elementary Coordinator will focus primarily on leading teams of volunteers to make Sunday ministry a thriving environment.
- Collaborate constantly with the Family Life Pastor, Kids Pastor, Early Childhood Coordinator, and overall team to ensure effective execution of the Creekside Kids ministry strategy.
- Recruit, lead, and develop elementary volunteers at all levels.
- Empower and intentionally develop ministry coaches (volunteers) who both lead and care for all elementary volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of volunteer development, providing opportunities for volunteers to grow in ministry opportunities and leadership (involving Junior High and High School volunteers).
- Plan and execute special events impacting elementary-aged kids and their families.
- Uphold values around safety and security, ensuring thorough training of all volunteers and leaders.
- Advocate for a strong partnership with parents, working to resource, equip, and encourage the most influential relationships in a child’s life.
- Represent Creekside Kids in church-wide opportunities as requested.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth.
- Experience in Children’s Ministry or education is preferred.
- Highly organized and strong eye for detail.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Highly relational, flexible and able to work well with all ages.
- Strong learner; adaptable.
- Enjoys challenges and is highly adaptive to new ideas.
- Knowledge of varying age levels, teaching, and learning styles of kids.
- Proactive and willing to seek out solutions.
V. Additional Information
- Agree to and adhere to the church's statement of faith and leadership commitment.
- Love Jesus and call themselves Christians.
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Attend Creekside Christian Church.