Troy first came to Creekside the first weekend we opened our current campus in Jan of 1994. His daughter was born the next month, his son 2 years later, and he and his wife Karen have been here ever since (although they lived in Taiwan while working for Intel in 2004/05). Troy grew up in the Bay Area the son of a pastor and accepted the Lord and was baptized at an early age but recommitted his life to the Lord in High School (with Karen, who later became his wife). Troy has served in lay leadership since coming to Creekside and has served on the Elder board multiple terms. He joined staff in April of 2021. Troy is an avid traveler, hunter, triathlete (Ironman), and motorcyclist and when not at church, you’ll find him and Karen with their dog Enzo, a Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog. His life verse is:
· Phil 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Kim began attending Creekside in 2017, after working on staff since 2013. She accepted Christ at age 20 and began full-time ministry in 1994. She was married in 2013 and has two grown boys. Kim mostly grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho, and has also lived in Modesto, Boise, and San Diego. She likes to travel, hang out with friends and family, and golf. Her favorite verse is:
· Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Joel and his family moved to Elk Grove and joined the staff at Creekside on Labor Day 2003. He was very young, around 5 or 6 when he first accepted Christ as his Savior, but, it wasn’t until he was 18 that Joel committed himself to serving in full-time ministry. He worked part-time in churches since 1997, but Creekside is his first full time ministry position. He married his wife Jennifer in 2000 and they have four kids: two teenagers and two still in elementary school. Joel grew up in western Washington (Go Seahawks!) and spent 5 years in Edmonton, Alberta. He coaches volleyball at Monterey Trail High School and loves playing sports of all kinds. He loves being outdoors, especially at the beach or up in the mountains. His favorite passage is:
· Romans 12:1-2 – Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Melissa has been attending Creekside since 1996, became a member in 1999, and joined our staff in 2007. She accepted Christ at nine years of age, and volunteered in many church positions before joining the church staff. She married the love of her life in 1990, and they have two adult children – Melissa loves being a parent of grown kids! She was born in Albuquerque, NM and moved to Salinas, CA when she was 5 and lived there until college. She enjoys the Monterey Bay area, deep conversation with a friend or family member, going to the beach, traveling to the the tropics, learning and growing with her LifeGroup, exploring new areas with her grown children, and playing games with family and friends. Her life verse is:
· Psalm 19:14 – May the words of my mouth and the medications of my heart be pleasing to you, Oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Peter’s connection with Creekside goes back to 1999 when he met his wife through the church (at winter camp!) but he lived out of the area until 2016, when his family moved to Elk Grove, and became members at Creekside and joined staff in 2020. Peter had served in full time church ministry at other churches since 2003. He was only 4 years old when he accepted Christ which may seem young, but he remembers understanding the good news of Jesus clearly and was baptized later when he was 9. He married his wife Katie in 2007 and they have two young boys. Peter was born in Cameroon Africa to missionary parents and then moved to Germany where his father pastored until Peter was about 7 years old. Then they moved to southern CA where he grew up and lived until moving to Woodland CA in 2003 and now Elk Grove. Peter loves high altitude mountaineering and has climbed a number of peaks over 14,000 feet in elevation – Mt. Shasta, Mt. Rainer, Cotopaxi and Chimborazo (Ecuadorian Andes) as well as peaks in Alaska and Mexico. He also loves going to the movies! His favorite verse is:
· Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Prior to joining Creekside staff in 2022, Ron served as a pastor in Alaska for 17 years and in Columbus Ohio for 18 years. He accepted Jesus at age 8. He was born in the California Bay Area, then moved to Montana to attend college, where he married his high school sweetheart, Barbara. They have been married 43 years and have two adult children and four grandchildren. Ron enjoys the outdoors, traveling, writing, and connecting with people. Ron has two favorite verses:
· Psalms 90:12 – Teach us to number our days so we can gain a heart of wisdom.
· 2 Cor 5:18 – Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.
Lois began attending Creekside in 2023 when she was called as Kids’ Pastor. She accepted Christ at age 5 with her mom. Coming to Christ as a young child gives her a huge heart for helping connect kids with the love and forgiveness of Jesus, and the joy of life in Him.
She grew up volunteering in children’s ministry and has served in full time vocational kids ministry since 1996. Lois is very happily married to the newly retired Dr. Nick Sherwin, who served 26 years as Strategy Professor at Biola University. They have two adult children, Jennifer and Nick Jr, a beautiful daughter-in-love, Meghan, and three precious grandchildren, Lillie, Eva, and Lachlan. Lois grew up in Southern California. She lived for two glorious years in the Pocono Mountains of Northeast PA. The Sherwin’s are excited about this next season of ministry at Creekside! Lois enjoys hiking, reading, baking, swimming, biking, and listening to Nick play music. She is a certified scuba diver and loves the ocean. She is a DMin student at Talbot School of Theology studying Spiritual Formation and Soul Care as it relates to children and families. Her favorite passage is:
· John 3:16-17 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Matt is an Elk Grove native and originally attended Creekside from the time he was in the nursery until graduating high school. After graduation he moved away to go to college at Azusa Pacific University and then began working in youth ministry in Branson, Missouri. He has worked in full-time ministry since 2013 and moved back home to join the staff team at Creekside in 2018. Matt got married in July 2020 and had his first son in July 2021, gladly adding to the up-and-coming COVID Boomer generation. Other than his little guy capturing much of my time, Matt loves anything outdoors! Biking, hiking, rock climbing, sports, you name it and he’s in! Matt’s favorite passage is:
· Psalm 63:1-8 – God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
Matt loves that this passage draws attention to our true and deep inner longing for our Creator while giving recognition to the reality that the Lords steadfast love is the greatest thing we can cling to in this life, He is our strength and in Him alone is true satisfaction
Andrew began attending and joined Creekside staff at the end of August in 2020, in the middle of our Covid year. After having gone to church since he was 6 years old and wearing out a lot of children’s workers and youth workers, he accepted Christ when he was 13 years old, just as he was going into high school. Before joining Creekside, he worked for two years as a Christian high school teacher and then as a global Outreach Coordinator. Andrew was born in San Francisco and grew up in the East Bay. He loves music (both listening to it and making it), films/movies, hiking, photography and videography, traveling (internationally, or even just a good road trip), and reading. Andrew is a huge Lord of the Rings fan, and also a Potterhead and a Star Wars geek. His life verse is:
· Acts 20:24 – But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Jennifer moved to Elk Grove and began attending Creekside in 1998. She immediately began volunteering and eventually joined our staff part time as Awana Coordinator in 2008. She joined staff full time in 2015 as Volunteer Coordinator before moving to her current position. At four years of age, her mom led her to the Lord, and Jennifer made a lifelong decision to follow Christ in her early twenties. Married in 1988, Jennifer and her husband Jerry have four adult children and four grandchildren. She was born in Reno and grew up in the Central Valley, Southern California, and the East Bay. Jennifer loves to complete the New York Time crossword puzzle daily, and she enjoys rubber stamping and paper crafting in her spare time. Her favorite passage is:
· Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Stacie started attending Creekside Christian Church in November 2021 after being very involved in her past church for over 28 years. She joined our Creekside Staff in January 2022. She was born in Virginia but has been in Sacramento most of her life. As a young child, Stacie rode the Sunday School bus with her best friend, and when the Sunday School teacher asked if anyone wanted to make a commitment to Christ, Stacie jumped at the chance! Stacie married Tim right out of high school in 1983, and they have 10 children, 16 grandchildren, and 3 dogs. They both enjoy watching old movies, traveling, and spending time reading the Bible. Stacie loves her dogs, which is her main hobby. Stacie’s life verse is:
· Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.