Pastor of Children's Ministry
I. Position Identification
Title: Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Department: Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Family Ministry Pastor
Classification: Ministry Staff, Full-Time, E-2 Exempt
II. Position Summary
- Champion Children’s Ministry (nursery thru 6th grade) to live out the church’s purpose of leading people as “fully devoted followers of Christ.” Provide strong leadership to direct Children’s ministry staff, large teams of volunteers, and shepherd over Creekside Christian Church families. Possess innovation, organizational and shepherding skills. Is a team player who has the ability to relate to kids and volunteers as well as work directly with families.
- Embrace the values and principles of Children’s Ministry and Creekside Christian Church and ensure that safety standards, as well as administrative policies, procedures and processes of Creekside and Children’s Ministry are upheld.
- Work with the Family Ministry Pastor to establish and manage ministry goals, objectives, policies and financial plans for programs and events in Children’s Ministry (i.e., Sunday Kids Ministry, Awana, KidsCare, Hearts in Motion Special Needs, Mega Camp, Summer Camps, Holidays.)
- Recruit, train, motivate, support and develop paid staff and volunteer leaders to plan, organize and execute the various programs and events.
- Participate in collaboration with the Ministry Leadership Team as collectively they reach out to the community and serve the church body.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
IV. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervise, coach and motivate all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Creekside policies and procedures. (i.e., Pastor of the Week)
V. Minimum Job Requirements
- BS or BA degree with emphasis in education and/or pastoral care or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Children’s Christian Education.
- Ability and experience in leading through change.
- Knowledge of child development and experience with multifaceted curriculum.
- Demonstrates an understanding of kid’s ministry within the local church.
- Demonstrates an ability to relate to and work under direction and vision of the executive leadership of Creekside.
- Competent in recruiting, motivating and equipping adult and student leaders.
- Technologically proficient with the desire to utilize technology within both the office setting and for resourcing volunteers and parents (Microsoft, Planning Center, Pro Presenter, Database experience, etc.).
- Eager to establish and build relationships with large amounts of families.
- Agrees with the Statement of Faith and Constitution, Mission Statement, vision and philosophy of Creekside Christian Church.
- Ensure that all actions performed within the context of this job position accomplishes and furthers the mission, vision and values of Creekside Christian Church (Connect, Grow, Serve, Reach).
- Lives consistently with the moral qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Ephesians 4 & 5.
- Incumbent adheres to the Statement of Faith as established and approved by Creekside Christian Church.