Coordinator of Connect & Serve
I. Position Identification
- Title: Coordinator of Connect & Serve
- Department: Pathway
- Reporting Relationship: Discipleship Pathway Pastor
- Classification: Ministry Staff, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
II. Position Summary
Facilitate the mission and vision of Creekside Christian Church by partnering with all ministries in the recruitment, training, and equipping of volunteers. Lead the volunteer teams in our Guest Services ministry and help connect guests to the discipleship pathway.
- Promote a culture and expectation of volunteerism within the body of Creekside and assist our congregation in discovering their gifts and connecting them with service ministry opportunities.
- Partner with Creekside staff to develop lay ministry opportunities and recruit, train, equip, motivate and appreciate volunteers.
- Provide easy entry points for people to become involved in ministry and work with staff to track people’s involvement.
- Anticipate volunteer needs and proactively fill gaps and grow pipeline of qualified volunteers.
- Give direction and oversight to Guest Services teams (Parking, Greeting, I’m New, Café/Coffee, Atrium, Connection Center, Security, etc.) and manage annual budget.
- Oversee the assimilation process and follow up with guests by connecting them to the discipleship pathway.
- Manage Next Steps Journey class
- Other - miscellaneous tasks upon request
- Supervises: Volunteers
- Hiring Process: Led by Discipleship Pathway Pastor; Executive leadership approval
V. Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; High School Diploma required
- Disciple of Jesus Christ
- Knowledge and acceptance of Creekside’s core values and ministries
- Multiple years in hospitality, customer service or similar church role
- Experience in leading teams, preferably volunteers
- Strong team building and administrative abilities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written; interpersonally and in large groups)
- Ability to manage and effectively lead volunteer teams
- Working knowledge of Excel; standard office systems & equipment; database management