Pastoral Care Pastor
I. Position Identification
Title: Pastoral Care Pastor
Department: Pastoral Care
Classification: Ministry Staff, Full Time, Exempt
II. Position Summary
- In alignment with the mission and vision of Creekside, develop and nurture the
ministries that support our congregants on the Discipleship Pathway as they passthrough the crises or turning points of life.
- To oversee and shepherd the Pastoral Care Ministry Staff and volunteer/lay leaders.
- Coordinate and manage the work of the Creekside Pastoral Care Ministry
- Establish and manage ministry goals, objectives, policies, and budgets.
- Supervise the recruitment, training and encouragement of Pastoral Care staff and volunteers.
- Provide triage to those facing various crises and turning points, determining the extent of individual attention required and assigning the needs to various ministry leaders and counselors, or referral to Creekside Counseling Ministry, as is appropriate.
- Give oversight and guidance to the advancement and direction to Pastoral Care-related ministries including Senior Adults, Deacons, Marriage (events),
Weddings/Funerals, and Counseling.
- Deacon ministry to include: Altar Care, Discipleship, Bereavement, Visitation, and Deacon on Watch
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and/or the Elder Board.
- Reporting Relationship: Executive Pastor
- Recruit, train, lead, supervise, coach and motivate the Pastoral Care Staff and Volunteers.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Creekside’s policies and procedures.
V. Minimum Job Requirements
Qualifications & Education
- Meets the biblical standards set forth in 1 Timothy 3:2-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:2-3
- Meets the minimum standards of the required Staff Values of Creekside
- Applicable BS or BA degree
- 5 years of pastoral, supervisory, or team leadership experience Management/Supervisory Experience
- Minimum 5 years
- Ability to participate in the leadership of the spiritual growth of Creekside.
- Ability to work independently, as a team leader and/or a team member.
- Excellent oral, written, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent administrative and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office