Shining Stars Preschool Teacher
I. Position Identification
- Title: Teacher
- Department: Preschool
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Assistant Director of Shining Stars Preschool
II. Position Summary
With direct supervision of the Assistant Preschool Director, the Teacher is responsible for operating a successful learning environment for the children assigned to his/her classroom. The Teacher must create a safe, loving, and inviting environment for the families of Shining Stars School. The Teacher will teach the curriculum and Biblically integrate content to develop the whole child showing the greatness and love of God through the teaching of His Word.
- Reflect Christ and his/her relationship with Him in all words and behaviors.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff and training meetings.
- Conduct morning health checks, supervise sign-in sheet procedures, and verify attendance.
- Create and implement a developmentally appropriate and Biblically integrated program for children.
- Formulate and execute written lesson plans with activities designed to promote social, physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
- Turn in lesson plans two weeks in advance.
- Oversee setup of the classroom and storage of materials.
- Maintain a neat and clean classroom and bathroom throughout the day.
- Engage in children's learning through active participation in activities and asking open ended questions.
- Give, report, and document first aid. In times of emergency or disaster, provide
- assistance to children and other staff members.
- Oversee the distribution of classroom snacks and lunches.
- Pay careful attention to allergies, medical needs, and toileting practices.
- Observe and evaluate children's progress. Administer a preliminary assessment in January and a complete assessment in May for children who are in pre-kindergarten through kindergarten.
- Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities, and their child's progress.
- Maintain communication with the director about issues pertaining to families of Shining Stars School.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Report any suspected abuse to the school director.
- Reporting Relationships: School assistant director
- Oversees: Teacher's Aide daily work assignments
- Hiring Criteria: School director and CFO
V. Minimum Job Requirements
- Clear background check with no criminal issues regarding children and no felony.
- Demonstrated maturity in Christian faith by regular attendance at a Christ-centered church, Bible study, or lead role in a Christian ministry
- In accordance with California State Title 22, a minimum of 12 college units in early childhood education and 15 hours of health and safety training.
- 2-3 years of classroom experience
- Team player
- Love of children
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills Strong teaching and classroom management skills
- Strong knowledge of child development and early education theories and practices
- Strong knowledge of safe and appropriate activities for children
- Able to demonstrate strong professional work ethic
- Time management skills
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Speak well and maintain conversations
- Able to walk, sit, talk, and listen
- I have read and understand this job description.